First thing I did this morning after making myself an oatmeal and a cup of tea, was make a phonecall to the Presidential switchboard 201-456-1111, which is the Whitehouse comments line. I urged President Obama to take Executive Action on gun control. I was simply participating in an all-day call-in campaign initiated by Everytown for Gun Safety, which was founded by Sandy Clements in 2012. Her mother, a teacher at Sandy Hook Elementary, was a witness to the bloodshed that occurred that day, where 6 of her colleagues and 20 first graders were gunned down in Newtown Connecticut. And the Congress has repeatedly ignored the will of the people, because their pockets are lined with NRA $s. So besides, chipping away at gun-control state by state, the only way Americans will get our way as a nation, concerning gun control, is by urging the President to take Executive Action, before we risk having a Trump in the Whitehouse promising to hand out guns to everyone who voted for him.
Making this phone call is easier than calling in an order of Chinese food – and I will make it even simpler for you –
- Text OBAMA to 644-33 (If you call another day : just dial 201-456-1111
- Wait for a volunteer operator to answer – I waited about 2 minutes.
- Take a deep breath and speak calmly and slowly so they can type in the information-
State your name, and which state you are registered to vote.
EX: Hi , I am Bozo the Clown, and I am registered to vote in Florida. (Where else would he be registered? – FYI, if you aren’t registered to vote – get on that, will you. Voting is the LEAST you can do as a democratic citizen)
- Then – I am calling to urge President Obama to take Executive Action addressing gun control.
- Then state your reason for wanting gun control – Sure this is a no-brainer, but unfortunately, no-brains are controlling our government these days, so we need to UP the intelligence ante in government.
- Then thank them, Say goodbye and get on with your life : )
If you can’t make the call today, do it tomorrow, or the next … just please do it.
Make a promise to the thousands of Americans that could be killed by guns in the wrong hands in the future, that you will do your very best to save their lives. It is just 5 minutes out of your day.